Jarrell Miller Fails Third Drug Test, Releases Statement

Oscar Cross
April 22, 2019

"We have now received news from VADA that Jarrell Miller has now failed a second separate test for a further substance". One thing we know is Miller is out.

Milled tested positive for the banned substance GW1516, also known as cardarine and endurobol.

The 40-year-old tested positive for banned substances in 2017 but avoided a ban because boxing chiefs found he took the drugs for high blood pressure.

Miller's participation was initially jeopardized on Tuesday when the Voluntary Anti-Doping Association (VADA) informed both camps of an "adverse finding" in a drug-testing sample, leading to Miller being denied a license for the fight.

Hearn revealed Miller had "failed a second separate test for a further substance", even as he disclosed that a new opponent will be announced next week to face Joshua, who now holds the British IBF, WBA and WBO heavyweight belts.

Miller, on Thursday, denied knowingly taking performance-enhancing drugs in a statement released on his promoter's Instagram page.

Big Baby then admitted his wrongdoing in an emotional video, saying he "messed up".


"I am absolutely devastated upon hearing the news my boxing license has been [denied] in NY State and I will be vigorously appealing this decision", Miller wrote on social media earlier this week.

"I want to thank all of my supporters who have stood by me since day one and especially during this extremely hard time", Miller wrote on Instagram.

"I've spent time with Jarrell Miller, I like the guy".

"I messed up a big opportunity and I'm hurting on the inside".

Miller said boxers "go through a lot" and he did not want to give his fellow fighters a "bad name". I hurt my family, my friends, my team, my supporters.

"This was a voluntarily test that I was very happy to do and these results came just one week after another voluntarily test that I had taken which was completely clean". The California State Athletic Commission suspended Miller for nine months and fined him $2,500.

Promoter Eddie Hearn, who handles Joshua, said he was scrambling to find an alternative opponent for the British star's highly anticipated United States debut. In addition, Miller will lose out on at least another $3 million because his deal with DAZN called for two $1.5 million comeback fights in the event of a loss to Joshua.

Other reports by

Discuss This Article

FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER