An Entire Family Was Removed From a Cruise Ship Over Violent Brawl

Ann Santiago
February 17, 2018

Australian guests aboard the ship, which was due to dock in Melbourne, its home port, earlier this year, have claimed that there was more than one clash involving two groups of roughly 30 belligerent passengers, who went as far as threatening to stab each other and toss each other into the sea.

'We are assisting the police in their inquiries.'The group will no longer be welcome to travel with P&O Cruises or any of its associated brands'.

Carnival confirmed that the family members were taken off its Legend cruise ship by police in Eden on Australia's southeastern coast, according to the Australian Broadcasting Company.

Shocking video taken from the scene shows around 30 people involved in a vicious brawl and punches and kicks can be seen being thrown.

Mr Barkho also alleges cruise security staff are attempting to destroy images and footage from the incident.

A woman on vacation with her family says certain passengers "looking for trouble" were responsible for fights seen over several days.

Another video on social media shows dozens of passengers applauding, and taunting the family, as they were forced off the anchored ship and handed over to water police.

Blood cascades from injured passenger George Barko's head.

One of the people allegedly involved in the violence on the Carnival Legend
One of the people allegedly involved in the violence on the Carnival Legend

Carnival Legend is scheduled to dock in Melbourne about mid-morning on Saturday and the incident has caused a slight delay in the itinerary.

David Barkho, whose son was on the cruise, told 3AW that he received a call from him around 1 a.m. asking if he could call the police.

"It was a bloodbath", a man says, adding that some passengers were afraid to leave their cabins.

Passengers cheered as the alleged troublemakers were taken off the ship.

Carnival's Legend cruise ship was a floating nightmare, passengers reported.

A Carnival Cruise Line spokesman said safety was the number one priority.

"The ship's highly-trained security staff have taken strong action in relation to a small group of disruptive guests who have been involved in altercations on board", a statement said.

"We apply a zero-tolerance approach to excessive behaviour that affects other guests. We felt it was the best course of action for the safety and security of our guests and our crew".

Other reports by

Discuss This Article